Arugula & Mushroom Frittata
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 28 minutes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 12 large organic eggs
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh arugula, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add coconut milk, eggs and salt and beat well. Keep aside.
- In an oven proof skillet, heat 1½ tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add arugula and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture into a bowl.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-low heat.
- Add egg mixture and tilt the pan to spread the mixture evenly.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Spread the vegetable mixture over cooked egg mixture evenly.
- Immediately, transfer the skillet into oven.
- Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully invert the frittata onto a plate.
- Carefully, place the frittata in the skillet, cooked side up.
- Bake for about 3-4 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and keep aside to cool slightly before serving.
- Cut into desired sized wedges and serve warm
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 11.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9g