Baked Lamb Stew
Yield: 8 serving
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
For Lamb Marinade:
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pound grass-fed boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cubed into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 Thai chilies, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2½ cups hot bone broth
- For lamb marinade in a large glass bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for about 2-8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In an oven proof casserole dish, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook lamb for about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add shallots and chilies and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and tomatoes and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Cover the casserole dish and immediately, transfer into oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until desired doneness.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 3g
Dietary Fiber: .1g