Yield: 16 servings
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- ½ of Habanero pepper
- 1 cup mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ½ cup dates, pitted and chopped roughly
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Reheat the broiler of oven to high.
- Arrange the Habanero pepper half onto a baking sheet, cut side down and broil for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the pepper rom broiler and chop it.
- In a pan, add pepper and remaining ingredients over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and keep aside to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, add the mango mixture and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce in an airtight glass jar and preserve in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 1g