Beef with Broccoli
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, toasted
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¾ pound beef round steak, cut into 1/8-inch thick strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, sliced
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, add oyster sauce, sherry, sesame oil, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add steak slices and coat with mixture generously.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat and sauté garlic and ginger for about 1 minute.
- Remove garlic and ginger from skillet.
- In the same skillet, stir in broccoli, and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli into a bowl and keep aside.
- I the same skillet, add remaining vegetable oil and sear the beef with the marinade for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked broccoli and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with the garnishing of sesame seeds.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 5.1g
Dietary Fiber: 3.3g