Yield: 10 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 3 medium beets, trimmed
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the beets in the center of a large piece of foil.
- Fold the edges over to create a pouch.
- Arrange the pouch onto a baking sheet and roast for about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and keep aside the pouch, opened to cool completely.
- After cooling, remove the skin of beets and cut into wedges.
- In a food processor, add beets, sour cream, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and black pepper and plse until smooth.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Dietary Fiber: 1.8g