Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1-1¼ hours
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 egg whites
- 2½ teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10-ounce grass-fed lean ground chicken
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup celery stalk, minced
- 1/3 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup tomato puree, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, egg whites, poultry seasoning, salt and black pepper and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
- Add chicken, veggies oats, ½ cup of tomato puree and onion flakes and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared loaf pan evenly.
- With your hands, press, down the mixture slightly.
- In another bowl, mix together mustard and remaining tomato puree.
- Place the mustard mixture over loaf pan evenly.
- Bake for about 1-1¼ hours or until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Cut into desired sized slices and serve warm.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 2.1g
Dietary Fiber: 8.1g