Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 large tomato, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-low heat and sauté finely chopped onion and garlic for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, red pepper flakes and ground ginger and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice and cook for about 1-2 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the chickpea mixture in a serving bowl.
- Add remaining oil, paprika and cumin and gently, stir to combine.
- Keep aside to cool completely.
- After cooling, stir in red onion and tomato and serve with the garnishing of cilantro.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 2.3g
Dietary Fiber: 26.1g