Daily Dose - 10 Pillars of Joint Health
Below are the categories of functional foods and beverages that you must weave into the fabric of your life to master the 10 Pillars system. Dutiful commitment and consistency to this strategy will supply you with optimal amounts of minerals, vitamins, plant nutrients, protein, fats, and complex sugars.
- Tea: Teas are rich sources of polyphenols, especially catechins. These compounds provide potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection. Green tea and white tea likely provide the most joint benefit.
- Herbs & Spices: Herbs & Spices are low calorie, nutrient dense bundles of health. Herbs and spices contain a dizzying array of plant nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Traditional cooking amounts should be added to every dish.
- Nuts & Seeds: Healthful consumption of nuts and seeds affords ample amounts of joint-enhancing omega-3 fatty acids, plant nutrients, high quality proytein, phytosterols, minerals, and vitamins.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Consistent consumption of cruciferous vegetables supplies your joints with essential minerals, vitamins, and the vital sulfur rich phytonutrients: glucosinolates and isothiocyanates.
- Allium Vegetables: Allium vegetables, with their robust reservoir of organosulfur compounds, phytonutrients, minerals, and vitamins guard your joints from the menace of destructive inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Dark Leafy Greens: Dark leafy greens flood your body with vital vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and carotenoids. These are all critical in the fight against joint disease.
- Berries: Berries abound with the cartilage safeguarding and rejuvenating resveratrol; essential minerals and vitamins; and the all-important flavonoids, such as the amazing anthocyanidins.
- Other Fruits: Grab pineapple, citrus fruits, apples, or plums in order to consume the cartilage vitalizing minerals, vitamins, bromelain, and other crucial flavonoids in the fight to prevent, arrest, and potentially reverse joint disease.
- Legumes: Legumes are an incredibly well-rounded food. When consumed they are a significant source of high quality protein,complex carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, flavonoids, phytosterols, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- High Quality Protein: Fish, lean meat, and protein supplements are excellent sources of the amino acids and protein your body needs to support joint well being. Moreover, these food items are good sources of certain omega 3 fatty acids, minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients that are not readily available in most plant based foods.