Grilled Beef Steak
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 23 minutes
- ½ cup sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 4 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 (2½-pound) London broil steak
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat and stir fry sesame seeds for about 1 minute.
- Immediately, remove from heat and transfer oil and sesame seeds into a large glass baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients except steak and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Add steak and coat with marinade generously.
- With a plastic wrap, cover the baking dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight, flipping steak occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Lightly, grease the grate.
- Grill the steak for about 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and place steak onto a cutting board.
- With a piece of foil, cover the steak and keep aside for about 10 minutes.
- Cut steak into slices across the grain.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 4.7g
Dietary Fiber: 2.2g