Yield: 5 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 8 lemon peel strips
- 6 cups water
- 3 green tea bags
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 5 lemon slices
- In a large pan, add ginger, lemon strips and water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove ginger and lemon strips.
- In a tea pot, place tea bags and immediately, pour simmering water.
- Cover the tea pot and let steep for about 1- 3 minutes.
- Gently, squeeze tea bags in tea pot and then, discard them.
- Immediately, transfer into serving cups and stir in honey.
- Add 1 lemon slice in each cup and serve hot.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g