Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups bananas, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 6 cups of a large muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, sesame seeds, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, add bananas, sugar, butter and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- Add egg mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Place the mixture into prepared muffin cups about ¾ full.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon evenly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and keep onto wire rack to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully, invert muffins onto the wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 11.3g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4g