Peach Ice Tea
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 fresh peaches, cored, sliced and divided
- 1 cup fresh peach juice
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons loose-leaf green tea
- In a pan, add 3 peach slices, apple juice and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, crush the peach slices occasionally.
- Remove from heat and keep aside to cool completely.
- Through a fine mesh sieve, strain the peach syrup into a bowl. Discard the solids.
- In another pan, add remaining 5 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and with an infuser, steep green tea and for about 3-4 minutes.
- In a pitcher, mix together peach syrup and green tea and refrigerate to cool.
- Fill serving glasses with ice and remaining peach slices.
- Pour ice tea and serve chilled.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Dietary Fiber: 2.4g