Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:50 minutes
- 5 tablespoons raw honey, divided
- 2 (½-inch thick) fresh pineapple slices
- 15 fresh sweet cherries
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 organic eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh cherries, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8-inch round cake pan, place about 1½ tablespoons of honey evenly.
- Arrange the pineapple slices and 15 cherries over honey in your desired pattern.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- 1n a bowl, mix together almond flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, add eggs and remaining honey and beat until creamy.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture into egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Remove the cake pan from oven.
- Place the flour mixture over pineapple and cherries evenly.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and keep aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the cake onto serving plate.
- Garnish with cherries and serve.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 2.6g