Roasted Whole Turkey
Yield: 12 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3½ hours
For Turkey Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green chili, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, grated finely
- 5-ounce plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 (9-pound) whole turkey, giblets and neck removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 lime, halved
- ½ of lemon
- In a bowl, mix together all marinade ingredients.
- With a fork, pierce the turkey completely.
- In a large baking dish, place the turkey.
- Rub the turkey with marinade mixture evenly and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and keep aside for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and black pepper evenly and stuff the cavity with garlic, lime and lemon.
- Arrange the turkey in a large roasting pan and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Now, reduce the temperature of oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast for about 3 hours. (if skin becomes brown during roasting, then cover with foil paper)
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 5.8g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3g