Sesame Seeds Cookies
Yield: 24 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sesame seeds, hulled and toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 4 cookie sheets with parchment papers.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, add brown sugar and butter and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add sesame seeds and beat until combined.
- With a tablespoon, place mixture onto prepared cookie sheets about 2-inch apart.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and keep onto wire racks to cool in pans for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully, invert the cookies onto wire racks to cool completely before serving.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 2.9g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9g