Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- 9-ounce medium shrimp, peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 scallions, chopped roughly
- 1 (½-inch) piece fresh ginger, shredded finely
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 firm white large sandwich bread slices, crusts trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- In a food processor, add shrimp and scallions and pulse until a paste is formed.
- Transfer the shrimp mixture into a bowl.
- Add ginger, egg white, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and black pepper and mix until well combined.
- mixture together. Season with the pepper.
- Spread shrimp mixture over bread slices in a thick layer.
- Cut each slice into four triangles and sprinkle with sesame seeds evenly.
- In a deep skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Add the toasts in batches, shrimp sides down and deep-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Carefully, flip and deep-fry until crisp and golden brown.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the toasts onto a paper towels lined plate to drain.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 4.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.7g