Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
- 1½ cups evaporated milk
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup tahini, stirred well
- In a medium, heavy pan, add evaporated milk, half-and-half and 1/3 cup of sugar over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a bowl, add egg yolks and remaining sugar and beat until well combined.
- Slowly, add about ¼ of hot milk mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add egg yolk mixture into pan with remaining milk mixture over medium-low heat and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and immediately, stir in matcha and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add tahini and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Through a sieve, strain the mixture into a bowl.
- Place bowl of tahini mixture in a large bowl of ice water for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer into an airtight container and freeze for about 1-2 hours.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 6.8g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1g