Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a bowl, add all ingredients except chicken thighs and sesame seeds and beat until well combined.
- In a large plastic zipper bag, add half of marinade and chicken thighs.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning bag twice.
- Reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator until using.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small pan, add reserved marinade over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard excess marinade.
- Arrange chicken thighs into a 9x13-inch baking dish in a single layer and coat with 1/3 of the cooked t marinade.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, coating with the cooked marinade slightly after every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and keep aside for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pan of remaining marinade over medium heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish chicken thighs with sesame seeds and serve alongside marinade.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 3.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3g