Yield: 2 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- 4 large organic eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- In a bowl, add eggs, salt and black pepper and beat well. Keep aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add turmeric and mustard seeds and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add scallion and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the egg mixture in the skillet evenly and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Carefully, tilt the pan and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the omelet into a plate and cut into 2 wedges.
- Serve hot with the sprinkling of black pepper.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 4.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g